Austin Apartments

Free Austin apartment locating. Round Rock apartments. New Austin apartment industry developments, new Austin apartments, cheap Austin apartment deals.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Properties beginning to feature wi-fi access as incentive for renters

Can anyone verify that you access wireless Internet on your property's dime? I found a list of hotspots that includes several apartment complexes (mostly downtown) that offer wi-fi access but I've never heard this as part of the leasing pitch.

Here's the link to the short list. Let me know if you live somewhere that's not listed as well.

Austin Wireless Internet


BradleyPounds@aol.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In most cases (in Lubbock) wi-fi, if advertised at all, is offered for free. The point is a bit moot, though, considering most apartment complexes are loaded with people with unsecured broadcasts. I purposely don't secure/encrypt my connection as a courtesy to anyone who might like to piggyback onto it for a little while.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get free Wifi at Colonial Grand up in Round Rock if the signal reaches (it is supposed to be free in the "pool area")

Since the signal was weak I went to Frys and bought a $50 wifi repeater to boost the signal.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

I am also a resident at Colonial Grande at Round Rock and I had to do the same as Dan. Spent $40 on a router. Glad I did. The signal IS weak at the pool.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home